Saturday, December 21, 2019

SLJ 2019 Week One Day Two Activity Three

Week One Day Two Activity Three

A time when I was brave was when I broke my little finger on my left hand at school catching a rugby ball. I ended up going home when I showed my teacher that it had swollen up past the size of my thumb and I couldn't move it. It stuck out at a funny angle too. The next day, it was still like this. So I  went to the hospital. After a few hours of having it looked at and getting results from X-rays, they said it was broken. They made me suck a pain relief up my nose and gave me laughing gas which made me laugh, tell dumb jokes and cry. This was so I couldn't feel anything, except I still could feel everything they were doing to my finger. Since it was sticking out at a funny angle, they had to reset my broken finger, which means rebreaking it to get it in the right place. That was painful. When this was happening, I think I was brave.

This was my finger 2 weeks after I had broken it, it was still very bruised.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jessica,

    My name is Beren. I am a blog commenter from Auckland and I will be replying to your blog posts over the summer. I am really looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know more about you.

    Thanks for sharing your story of a time when you were brave. Ouch! That sounds really painful. What was it like when they gave you the laughing gas? I have been lucky not to break any bones so far, but I have had a few stitches in the past, so I can sympathise a little with the experience.

    You definitely were quite brave to go through this experience. Has your finger healed ok? Can you catch Rugby balls now, or are you staying away from them?

    Thanks again for sharing your blog post Jessica, I am excited to read more :)

    Beren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your positive, helpful and thoughtful comment.