Friday, January 24, 2020

SLJ Week 4 Day 4 Activity 1

SLJ Week 4 Day 4 Activity 1

How did the famous brand Twenty Seven Names get its name? Well, the brand was originally called Love Lies Bleeding. This was in 2006. However, they found out that their brand name was already a copyrighted brand name by a company in the US.
"We didn't have the capacity to get into an international legal battle and decided to re-name our brand".   Stewart said. So while they were thinking of a new name, they wrote down all of the names of people who had helped out to "get the label off the ground". When they counted out  how many names were on that list, there were 27. That's how they got their brand name, Twenty Seven Names.

I think that this a good brand name for them. I think that because, as well as a good brand name, it is a good way of remembering those who helped out this brand.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jess,

    Thanks for sharing how Twenty Seven Names got their name. I like how you used a quote to back up your explanation, well done! I agree with you, I think it is a cool name too, especially when you know the history behind it.

    Did you have a look at their website? What do you think of the clothes they have? Would you wear any of them? They don’t do men’s clothing as far as I can tell, so I don’t think I would buy from them, but some of the designs look pretty trendy.

    Thanks for sharing this story Jess! And good on you for getting in some last day blogging! :)

    Beren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your positive, helpful and thoughtful comment.