Saturday, December 29, 2018

SLJ Weaving a tall tale

Week: 2
Day: 2
Activity: 1

I have tried weaving before at school. I was weaving a mat for our classroom with my friend. I really like weaving and it interests me. It interests me because I think it is cool how you can make such cool things out of a plant.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess

    It is great that you have already tried this form of art. And even better that you have had a go at making some as impressive as a mat for your classroom. Did you finish the mat? And how big was it?
    That is great that you have someone at school that can teach you how to do this.
    You are right there are so many cool things that you can make from flax. It is really good to do something that has been around for a long time and handed down through the generations of families. There would have been a time when just about all of their things would have been made out of flax.
    I would love to see a photo of your mat or anything else you have made if you have one.

    I hope your holidays are going well and that you have some fun things planned today on such a beautiful day. The cicadas are really noisy here in town so I can only imagine what they are like up the valley.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your positive, helpful and thoughtful comment.